Crossword Puzzles for... Nonprofit Accounting
Unlike for-profit businesses, not-for-profit or nonprofit organizations do not have owners. Nonprofits have as their primary mission to fill a need in society rather than to earn profits for owners.
Reinforce your accounting and bookkeeping knowledge with these free bookkeeping & accounting crossword puzzles with answers.
Sample Nonprofit Accounting Questions
1) Accounting years not ending on December 31 are known as _________ years.
2) Net asset classifications are based on ___________-imposed restrictions.
3) Gifts other than cash are referred to as gifts in _________.
4) When a temporary restriction has been satisfied, this classification of net assets will increase.
5) The statement of _______________ expenses reports amounts 1) by nature, and 2) by program or supporting services.
6) The first amount on a nonprofit's statement of cash flows prepared under the indirect method is the "Change in net ___________.
7) A nonprofit organization will issue the statement of activities instead of the ____________ statement issued by a business.
8) Form 990 pertains to many organizations which are _________ from income tax.
9) Gifts other than cash are to be recorded at their _________ value on the date of the gift.
10) Reporting expenses according to their type (such as salaries, rent, supplies, depreciation, etc.) is known as the ________________ basis.